In addition, we are promoting an Employee Assistance Programme, to make the employer a better employer for staff to choose work with, this we are sure will assist in reducing recruitment and increase retention within the organisation.
Purpose – Hospitality Health was formed to support the wellbeing of staff and students in the Hospitality Industry.
Mission – To provide support to individuals within the Hospitality Industry in areas of mental health, addiction and well being.
Vision – Our Vision is to join the areas of support through a one stop shop, 2 clicks, allowing individuals to improve and maintain better health.
Values – Using our knowledge, skills and understanding, we will support members of the Hospitality Industry in becoming more healthy
The Hospitality Health WELLNESS CHARTER
When the charity was launched we also launched the Wellness Charter, a certificate that recognises a business is doing the right thing for the staff. It includes recognising the following
- Provide non-judgemental and proactive support to individual staff who experience mental ill health.
- Not make assumptions that a person with a mental health condition will be more vulnerable to workplace stress or take more time off than any other employee or job applicant.
- Show a positive and enabling attitude to all employees and job applicants with a mental health condition. This will include positive statements in local recruitment literature.
- Ensure all line managers have access to information and training about managing mental health in the workplace.
- Offer staff access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
- Support the ambition to pay the living wage and end low pay.
- Ensure that all staff involved in recruitment and selection are briefed on mental health conditions and The Equality Act 2010 and given appropriate interview skills.
If your business is interested in finding out how they can be awarded the charter, please contact us using the ‘enquiries’ email link at the top of the page.