Director at THE LOVAT, LOCH NESS LIMITED
- What was your favourite subject at school? Economics and Politics was a combined A Level that I found really interesting and the conversations were diverse within our group
- What was your first job? Hotels run in my family so if you count carrying canapes at the age of 3, then a waitress! Otherwise it would be a more legal entry as a Kitchen Porter at about 13 years old.
- Which is your favourite restaurant /hotel? Pure C, Cadzand, Netherlands – I went here on mini moon as a newly-wed…an incredible experience that deserves its 2 Michelin stars
- How do you inspire your team – being present but never standing still, working alongside everyone, listening, owning mistakes and constantly evolving
- Which person in hospitality have you most admired / inspired you? My husband, business partner and Head Chef as he is more knowledgeable than me…and he can cook pretty damn good!
- How do you manage your stress levels? Walking the dog, wild swimming, running, cycling, yoga, surround myself by people who make me laugh, taking time out and screaming from time to time!
- Instagram, Twitter or Facebook – and why? Instagram – as I like the stories, video and still content…you can bring a bit of artistic flare to the board
- If you had not gone into hospitality, where do you
think you would be now? A diplomat, travelling the world or as my school mates predicted in our leaving handbook – a cleaner.
- What did you do on your last days off? Ate at Restaurant Pine in Northumberland, spent time with family, walked on the beach and had some fine wine and cocktails
- What do you do to relax, to support your wellbeing? Exercise, eat well, listen to podcasts, audiobooks and chat to friends who keep me grounded