GM, Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh, The Caledonian
- What was your favourite subject at school?
Mathematics, believe it or not.
- What was your first job?
Grocery store clerk in small community store aged 13 and I did 31 hours a week
- Which is your favourite restaurant /hotel?
Besides the one I run (WA Edinburgh the Caledonian), I have many around the world I like the personal service and attention to details
- How do you inspire your team
I lead from the front, I am visual and I know something about all of them. I walk the floor and I practice what I preach
- Which person in hospitality have you most admired / inspired you?
My first GM was a female named Marilyn Soper and she was a rarity amongst hotels in the early 90s
- How do you manage your stress levels?
I take my Dog for long walks and I talk to my husband and my senior team (if I am stressed I will talk to the team about it)
- Instagram, Twitter or Facebook – and why?
Facebook (my son says I am old) and Instagram. Got rid of Twitter years ago
- If you had not gone into hospitality, where do you
think you would be now?
I had planned to become a lawyer, a diplomat or a politician
- What did you do on your last days off?
We had friends in from London so a lovely dinner on Saturday evening and a drive to Glencoe
- What do you do to relax, to support your wellbeing?
WALK AND TALK and listen to music